If you like the sun like I do, you’re going to have problems. First, the sun rays on your face are very strong and can cause a lot of damages. Secondly, it’s not uncommon to see more and more skin cancers. Here are few tips to enjoy it without getting burnt!
- Use a good sunscreen on your face. Every time you’re going outside of your home, even when it’s cloudy, 10 minutes before, don’t forget to apply at least one ounce of sunscreen with an SPF 15 or 30 in winter and 40 in the summer time.
- There’s a lot of sunscreen on the market, most of them will keep you from getting sunburned but won’t protects your skin against cancers. Select a spectrum that protects against UVA & UVB, most of the sunscreens have it but make sure to double check.
- Every time you got for a swim, make sure to apply sunscreen after, mostly every hour.
- If your skin is as white as a baby, cover yourself with long sleeved shirts, pants, and stay in the shade.
- Avoid being in the sun between 10 am and 2 pm, those are the worst hours when the sun’s rays are the most intense.
These tips are probably the easiest way to prevent cases of cancer each year, so, keep them in mind and you will be fine!
Dr. Teanoosh’s tips:
« I always use sunscreen with SPF 20 or more. And when I go on vacation, I try to avoid the sun and always wear a hat! ».